R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
cjtamu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
i dont get the problem with steering. i generally set my epa so the knuckle arm just starts to overlap the rollbar lower ball mount. for my savox 72% epa on each side.
maybe 5ft turning radius?

if your trying to lock your steering, do you ever have your front belt start to flap against your servo saver on full lock? i cant figure out what causes it other than possibly needing a new belt.
My steering blocks graze the black plastic mount that hold the rollbar mount in place on top of the a-arm. Really not much of a problem, I expect it to disappear once the ride height and droop are set properly. As far as full lock, watch your steering blocks when you turn the car. "Full lock" is when the steering block hits the caster block. That's as far as you'd want to go, anything further stresses your servo. Doubt I'll ever run it with that much steering, but I use it as a baseline to be sure my steering is balanced left to right, then dial it out from there. No idea about the belt hitting the servo saver. I only ran this car for about 30 seconds to test it before I made the trade. Wiating for a few odds and ends parts (LiPo tray, antenna tube mount) and going through the car before I run it. But, you don't want your belt hitting anything if you can avoid it.