R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 PM
ElliotCanada
Tech Addict

Questions??

Are the current 8th Pan Racers who run at Toledo okay with Racers like Jeff (who ran really well at the GLC with his new Xray and placed 3rd at the Byron Race with his Mugen in 8th Open) running the Pan Car Class?

Is everyone welcome in the Pan Class, reguardless of age, even sponsored drivers, including those who want to run this as a second class? This class will become competitive just like any class, after all, we're racing. Or does this seem to be against the idea of this class? Or is the idea to make this an Entry Class?

Looks like the best new Pan Chassis available in North America is the Motonica Classique' Extreme. This car is a little more than the standard Classique' but meets all the Pan Car Rules. Will this be accepted or will people think that this is against the spirit of the class??

I'm trying to decide whether to order a car from Garen. I would like to get one but I want to be clear on what this class is all about.

Bodies - I will run whatever the Club decides. My personal preference would be Sports (Can/Am - GTP Current Bodies) because I don't see the point in putting on a inferior handling, heavier, awkward to fuel, awkward to temp, more expensive, unrealistic Sedan style body with holes in the windshield which makes the engine run hotter. However, I would run what the majority want.

Engine - I would be happy with whatever the majority wants. Doesn't matter to me.

I looked at a car this past weekend. Looks like Fun!

Thanks.