R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC
Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Hi, at that track you'll be running open modified correct? Yes

Without sounding too off topic could you tell me what your running for esc and motor regarding company and wind's, etc? I would like to know what the top guys like you are running and if you don't mind could you also tell me a little about esc's and motors in general in mod 12th. I run a MurfDogg 4.0/LRPSXXv2.
I like the motor to be fast enough without having to boost it, but smooth down low to roll corners tight, I'm sure Kevin can supply info on his motor/esc of choice, as we don't all run the same, but 4.5t is about average for turns

I've heard you talk about boost. Do the newer esc's need a capacitor or whatever is on people's 12th scale cars? esc's like Tekin need a voltage booster to run 1s, LRP and some others are 1s native, they all include capacitors

And one last thing if you don't mind. Batteries? Are they matched like a few years ago before lipo and are we going to any changes soon that might require a new kind of esc. Lipo for 12th scale is 1s, no matching for any lipos, pick a good solid brand of the latest spec and you're good to go, I use MurfDogg lipo's

Besides that I am kinda catching up with 12th scale and I am looking forward into the not so distant future to race at this So Cal track where this info would be helpful before I come there. I figure tire changes haven't been too radical and maybe a new body type? The Protoform AMR12 is the most popular, as are the bodies from Blackart.
For tires, Black front, Yellow rear, or Magenta all around are good baseline tires.

In appreciation to any help

Thank you
Look forward to seeing another 12th scale racer at TQ