R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 01:27 PM
cjtamu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olly986
20C for a 4t, this could be interesting to see how long the battery will last before it puffs or smoke.

I never saw cam B being used, but hey I haven't seen all set ups, it will be logic to which way it is (up or down) by the number he uses for the belt set up.1 to 16 is up 17 to 32 is low, Rick usually recommends medium set ups.

You need to set the left side first, motor side then match the right side.
Fortunately, I have other batteries. They just don't fit as well and will require a LiPo tray. Which I found, BTW. And now I also know what you mean when you say asso. Well, I would attach the setup, but I can't get the file size to reduce enough. It's Howart KO-2009 setup. It says cam B. Belt settings are 7 and 5, and I don't see that anywhere in the chart, so I assume the chart is just suggested settings. I know the only other belt drive car I owned would eat belts if they were too tight. Don't want to shop that aisle. I'm clear on how to adjust the tension, just not sure how much belt deflection I'm looking for.

Just found out they're running a 17.5 no timing/boost/turbo class at another track here. Perfect, saves me swapping speedos around. But, you have to run a GT body. I assume the TC5 uses standard 190mm body? Can't find it referenced anywhere. I might keep this car after all. It's pretty, nice eye candy.