R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 AM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Congrats to the all the winners of the 17th TCS North American Finals, and a BIG congrats to Austin Brumblay, Anthony Fung, and Rob King. These are the top three F1 drivers of the 2011. Way to go guys!!!!
Yeh, Congrats again dudes!
Fast cars and great drives!

Originally Posted by rtypec
Please post pics or additional information about Austin's lead sled...particularly where he placed them He had some interesting stuff going on for sure and his car was absolutely railed!
Talked to Austin cuz I had a car this year that was hatin it for racin but was perfect in both morning warmups? Never had this car get "skiddish" before. Ever. Was almost undriveable it hopped around so much, just like it can be on brand new skins front and rear. Heat never affected my setup so drastically in the past.
Anyway, he added weight to the "wings" under the electonics and along the sides there creating an F103 battery placement simulation.
I did the same thing for the A mains and the car was finally good, stayed planted but I had no speed and not due to the weight, probably more due to the borrowed seasoned battery pack.
I also heard he was at + 6oz.
I only found room for 5oz.
Exact placement on his car I'm usure of, might have had other weight scattered around too.
The rest of his setup will have to come from him, hope to see pics and specs too.

Oh yeh, he had the "old" car.