R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya FF03
Thread: Tamiya FF03
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 01:15 PM
boro92
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clittle
Just a question as to what people are doing with their tyres? Are you splitting them or running the same tyres Front and Rear?

I was running the same tyres during our last race and got T-Boned which killed one of my wheels on the rear... I only had some softer tyres available so I threw them on the rear and the car was totally dialed.

Should I be running the same all round? Is running soft tyres on the back just masking some other problems in my setup?
I actually run the same tires front and rear.
If you find that the car is a bit loose, try putting the rear shocks more inwards on the upper mount, or try adding rear camber. Alternatively, if you want to reduce front traction (rather than increase rear grip), you could put thicker shock oil up front (or thinner out back).

You can also try running sway bars front and rear (with a thicker front than rear if you want less rotation). I find that they make the car slide around significantly less and is generally more planted. In a race situation, you probably want the rear end to be a bit loose. With these FF cars, you want to stay on the throttle as much as possible since you lose corner exit accelleration vs 4wd cars.

This car is very sensitive to changes, so only try 1 change at a time!