R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
So after some initial testing i am very happy with the new revtech motor. Dyno'd all my motors (RT,d1,d2 and d3) and out of the 2 revtech's I bought, one was a beast and the other is still better than my best d1 at 10 degrees timing.Ran both on the DYno with half a tick of timing and beast ran 0.9 amps, 20477 rpm at 2327 kv compared to the other @ 1.0/20224 and 2298kv. Started with conservative settings on the hobby wing(36/14) and my D3 gearing of 5.4fdr to be sure and was as quick as a mates fully tweaked d2 powered hw. Bumped up the settings to 42/18 and would have smoked the motor if i had not have pulled the run at 3 minutes @ 80c.

I will be testing more this weekend and will leave the HW settings at around 40 boost 14 turbo but will add more pinion and see how it handles that. Comparing the old motors to the new the D3 does like more gearing than the D1/2 so maybe the new RT will like even more gear. Hopefully my new 28c pack will arrive and i can really see what these motors will do with a fresh pack.

Those numbers sound more like a motor checker rather than Dyno numbers? In any matter, testing the RT over a D3, in 17.5/blinky class I have found that the fdr for the RT stays the same as the D3 but you can put more physical timing into the RT. The motor seems to get to a certain temp and then runs there for a longer length of time before the heat begins to build. You can gear for a higher temp if the on track performance is required but its nice to see the motor not start to thermal runaway as qucikly as others.

Be very cafeful of this motor for end rotor end play, and if it feels like it has excessive free drag, try to loosen the 3 can screws just a touch to see if the drag goes away. The motor should have a little more drag than the D3 but not a excessive amount. Very important, do not over tighten the can screws.