R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM
mwoods
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jinjiro7
Mwoods -> I ran the S411 on 3 different tracks now. Two in Toronto, Asphalt Home Depot Parking lot tracks with sugar water med traction and now tried it in Village Raceway track down in Royal Palm FL. Smooth concrete track with med+ traction.

My car did the same as yours with loose on-power coming out of corners. I tried droop first, but it didn't help much. Best change for me was two things:
1- Extended Rear wheelbase to use 5mm spacers on the front suspension block on the rear. i did that wen i built the car

2-Use heavier springs up front. Use 16 LBS (Serpent Yellow) for med traction asphalt and now 19LBS (Serpent kit Orange) down in Village Raceway. i use xray 2.4 and 2.6 but the weekend b4 i used 2.6 2.8

My droop has also been lowered to the 4mm mark. But that's up to you to fine tune after you sort out the wheel base and springs.

Wheelbase was where I saw the largest change from kit settings. I improved my 1sec lap times on the Toronto tracks just with that alone.
one thing i think it mite be is the rear droop screws dont hit the chassis wen its on the ground , wat over all lenth u building ur shocks at

thanks