R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro vs e
Thread: Nitro vs e
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 09:56 AM
abqNitro
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John.
Electric is faster. Not sure any of your engines can do this Neal using 1 gear.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This is one of many 100+mph rtr type of kits (with high powered brushless systems) running around on youtube. When it comes to speed and power nitro doesn't hold a candle to brushless and Lipo power. Don't get me wrong I would go nitro over electric every time, but not because it's the be all and end all when it comes to power or speed.

The land speed record for an RC car is currently held by electric power, not nitro power.

Back to the opening post I've always thought what would cut faster lap times. Next time I'm at the track I'll compare some of the lap times the "E" cars are cutting compared to Nitro. Thing is though the faster more experienced guys are running nitro not E. Does anyone know if E kits are lighter? Or do they need to adhere to the 3200g weight minimum as well?
Faster in a straight line does not mean faster on a track! Different situations require different power characteristics, especially on a moto-cross style track..