R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Just got home with my new 8eight.......
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Mohd Zailani
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vw addict
Yes, I used to be fanatical about keeping a clean car. What other things should I be inspecting/maintaining on an every run/every day basis? Got the after run oil thing, the previous owner of the buggy said he changed the 2 stage air filter every run. Is that necessary, or just a good idea, or just overkill?
Depend on the track condition u racing on.If it dusty i would say definitely yes.Normally i always pull out the engine every time after practice/race to clean/inspect the clutch/clutch bearings.If its getting too dry just put a drop of bearings oil.If u have a doubt just change them as they are pretty cheap to replace.Clean the shocks boot as there always some oil and dirt in it and they will eat the tini coating on your shocks shafts.Inspect all the screws they are all tight and just a general cleaning.I will strip my car all together after second race day and give it a good clean.Dont use any oil/grease on all moving parts as they will attract dirt.Run it just dry an u will amaze how long all the parts will last.