R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Off Road Nitro RC- Under $400- Need Suggestions
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM
NorcoPaul
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes you are correct but its the value of what you are buying is what counts.....

like i said he got tools, starter box, good radio, chargers, rechargable reciever battery, glow ignitor and a great overall buggy for 600

I got a needs upgrades immediately if u wanna do anything more than ride on concrete for 300 and purchased used starter box, tools, glow ignitor, used radio, and some upgrades to be able to compete and spent another 500 on that...

yes you need things such as tools, fuel, filters, oils n grease, glow ignitor etc, but what im saying is he got most of that in his upfront cost, BRAND NEW, and still has a better overall buggy....

Im not knocking the hyper 7 by any means, now that it is durable I love it. With a faster higher torque servo for the steering and throttle, new radio and reciever, and some cnc parts it has done very well for me, but out the gate the losi outshines the hyper 10 fold....and as I stated before it came with a lot of things I had to additionally purchase....

Just take the route u feel is best for you, if you want to spend 6-800 up front for quality goods or 1000 over the next few months and still not have a top notch vehicle its up to you.

My best suggestion is to go to your local track, see what is the popular brand/class and go from there and get a competitive vehicle for that class. Not saying get the best of the best we all start near the bottom for the most part as there is a learning curve but get something that isnt as deep of a money pit as the rest in the end it will be worth it.