R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 08-17-2011, 12:50 PM
olly986
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Thanks for the suggestions, but the design is to our satisfaction an will stay as is for the TC6. The temperature drop is satisfactory and the access to the fan, which is one of the main reasons it is done this way is why it was made the way it is.

The air flow is sufficient an does exactly what we want, which is increase airflow behind the motor, where air never really gets to directly. This lowers the motor temperatures more, as you are hitting the point which is typically hotter.

As for it coming off... Doubtful. It is secured on to a 3 and 4mm wide aluminum brace with M3 screws. That fan is not going anywhere, unless you mangle and destroy your car in a full speed collision against maybe a brick wall. Even then, it might still be on there, and at this point the fan is the least of our worries.

Lastly, let's not be so cynical. We are half-full cup guys at Reflex, and we like our thread to reflect that tone.
Hello Cristian, not trying to be cynical at all, and what I mean about "ejecting" fan is the actual moving part which is leaving its support, hence I use a "cover" on front of mine to stop it leaving its casing (can be done with your arm) something that I have seen twice this year (on Nosram/LRP), and by the way English is not my first language, so excuse me if I say something different from what I mean