R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 PM
The MurfDogg
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamesrc9251
Great motors and Batts Matt. i TQed and won WGT at TQ on race 4 of their points series and set track record. keep up the good work
Great Job James! Keep it up dude!

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Has anyone tried using this motor with a Speed Passion GT 2.1 Prostock with latest timing software?

Soldered up a 17.5 in my TC, revved it up on the bench and all was fine. Ramped up with timing as expected. Placed it on the track, pulled the trigger, the car jerked a second, moved forward at 1/4 speed when using full throttle. The ESC started flashing a green light. From the troubleshooting guide it says the sensors are not being read. If you turn off\on the ESC it revves up again when holding the car as expected. Put it on the track same thing starts moving forward but with no timing and the green light is flashing again.

This motor works perfectly fine, the sensor wire is fine (works a Ballistic without a problem).

This exact same scenario happened with a 17.5 LRP X12 motor.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Brent
I run Tekin RS ESC's solely... I recommend them for all of my customers. Nothing against anyone else, but Tekin is the best ESC IMO....

I have heard of several situations with different brands of ESC's... my answer is always to "Toss in a Tekin RS", and 99% of the time, it solves it. Tekin does not sponsor me, nor give me anything for recommending their ESC... I am just a motor guy who believes in a product. And I am very adamant about my ESC preferences.

Originally Posted by jamesrc9251
i had the same problem with my 13.5 murfdogg motor in WGT. i worked for a week with the techs at speed passion on different programming and still had the issue. it must be a cross in the motor esc combo. you might ask Matt if he was aware of this issue with the combo. i did switch to a tekin rs pro and have had no issues.
Exactly.....

Originally Posted by Shimmy
Hmm, I meant to post this in the off-road section... ohwell...

I havn't read though the thread but just curious to know what makes these motors so great?

Stator/rotor design, KV, torque, efficiency... etc?

Been thinking about grabbing another 17.5t motor soon and just looking at whats about.

Ones on the list so far are,
Trinity Duo 3
Team Powers Plutonium
Murfdogg
LRP X12
SpeedPassion v3
There are many options out there for you to choose from. I have nothing bad to say about any other products out there, but as a racer, if I had to choose between the motors you have listed, I would choose either the DUO3 based motors or a MurfDogg SYNERGY motor. My stuff is running pretty darn well all over the world, in many different genres. I have setups for pretty much every application out there... What I can offer you is this: If you want a motor from a small company that builds each motor one at a time, specifically for each customers' needs, than give our stuff a try. MurfDogg is a very small company, and what we offer our customers is the best customer service we can possibly give you. If you want the abilty to talk to the guy building your motors... give us a try.

Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008
I'm looking to run 13.5 and 17.5 blinky in TC. How well do these motors perform? To my knowledge nobody local uses these motors.
Without making huge claims about power, I can honestly say that we have a very loyal customer base, some of which are very tight lipped about what they are running. I can build you motors tuned for specific applications. If you run on a tight twisty track where punch is king, we can build you that... If you run on an 8th scale style, wide open and flowing layout that rewards top speed, we can do that too...

Just contact me about your needs, and we can get you pointed in the right direction.