R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 11:34 AM
jmackani
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VandelayInc
Hmmmmm well Im not 12. despite what you may believe. second...I have visited the track few weeks ago....shop was closed even tho hours posted said it should be open. So thats why I asked if they are selling anything anymore. I saw the track, the layout is great...could be toned down a tad, but I understand 1/8th raced on it...so. Alot alot of rocks, weeds. But I was blown away by the potentional this track has. Great off the highway location. Thats a rarity. and alot of land surrounding the track. Very well built drivers stand, and track has lighting installed. So before you trash me and call me out. Yes I drove and visited the track. Im not afraid. Second, Im a CEO of a corp and I know what it takes to turn a business around. I was involved with 3 tracks in Cali that we quickly turned around from a low weekly turnout to a consistent high turnout. Improvements were made to the track, layout, dirt. we made it accessible to all sorts of racers not just one class......Improvements to the onsite hobby shop itself were made. Promotion of the track and the sport itself was introduced thru out the local area. And yeah I hear the economy complaint all the time, when I was transfered here to PA to turn around this Corporation I heard the same. We turned around the company in 2 yrs. We now are in the black, and our workforce is up 15 percent. So I know a thing or two about reconstructing a business.
I am glad you clarified your age. There is nothing worse than getting on here in a squabble with a 13 year old. I still believe if you want to turn the track around, and knowing the owners from only visiting their track, the internet is not the place to work it out for them.