R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Fluffy622
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A J Racing
OK back to Mini talk.....Fluffy622 or anyone else I would love to hear more about this new body.

I have read allot of different things... some say its to long others say its good and some have even told me that the Mini wheels don't really fit right as the body is more designed for full scale wheels.

Any thoughts?
Hey A J!

The body is a little to long for the car itself. I raced it last week and my lap times were identical to my lap times with my mini shell on. One of my main reasons for buying the panel wagon body is because I really like old muscle car style vehicles and i wanted a body that would fit the medium wheel base of 225mm. You can kind of tell from my crappy phone pics.....lol.....that the mini wheels are a little small for the wheel wells. I recently put on an old set of touring car tires and it fits much better. I also sent an e-mail to proline protoform telling them of my troubles.....haven't heard anything back yet. With all of that being said, I probably wouldn't buy the body again. It looks cool but there are just to many things wrong with it.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask anymore questions.