R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project: Frankensport
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 06:27 PM
ChrisTech
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Trugsta
Ive built a few frankinstiens myself in the past and had great fun building and driving them.
Only one thing I can pick on your Franky is I would secure that On/Off switch somwhere solid there woud be nothing worse after all your effort for the switch to flip and you have a run away frank on your hands..
That's a fantastic point! Thank you for pointing that out. I probably would've secured it at some point, but it's better to have that at the front of my mind and I thank you a million for that. From the battery to the RX plug I'm gonna do something along the lines of getting a hump pack so I can cover the battery and keep it off the edges of it's little shelf back there, or maybe mount it else where and eliminate the shelf all together. I really gotta clean up the wiring and the EZ-Start harness, probably gonna mount the switch to the chassis or shock tower. Given the chance and the parts I'd replace the steering setup with a bell crank setup, but the NSport setup is doing alright the way it is.