Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi-LowBlow
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Ahhh... The high traction arms.

Well, I personally have never tried these arms on the TCX, or the Cyclone TC. I have always used the reversible arms because they are pretty awesome . But I will elaborate on my experiences on other cars I have driven in the past.

In lower grip conditions, I feel the soft arms can SOMETIMES be advantageous. They seem to make the setup window a little bigger (much like a softer chassis), and more notably steering around the middle of the corner. I'm not sure as to why, but the flex can make the geometry of the car change slightly (notably caster) as it goes through the corner. I feel maximum potential corner speed is lower though, so that is why I would only use super soft arms in very very extremely low bite conditions. Usually a little more durable too.

In high grip conditions, I have found they give really inconsistent results. Sometimes less grip, sometimes more. It really depends on what the tire is doing, and what the rest of the setup is like.

In the end, I still feel the carbon reversible suspension arms will be better in most conditions. Plus you get more tuning options!!! Hiro might jump in if he has some time in the near future and give his experience with the arms, as I don't have any direct experience with the arms on our cars.

Hope that helped a little bit???
I totally agree with what Korey explained. I think that they make the setup window just a little bigger. Ultimately to accomplish the maximum corner speed, i would still recommend the reversible arms.

Thanks,