R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 12:20 AM
wtcc
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trytowin
I run a TC6 in Vintage Trans Am but, I am suffering from a lack of steering, full left to full right. With the wider wheels/tires required for VTA, the inside of the front wheels will rub where the shock mounts to the A-arm. Need to move the shocks to the inside mount (on the A-arm). Wondering how this will affect handling, and what can be done to compensate? Thanks for any info.
It will affect the wheel rate. In overall it will soften the damping in front. Means it will feel as if you are using a slightly softer spring in front which should give a little more grip feel. Second thing is that the amount of suspension travel changes. Third the shock now has a more upright position which in comparison to a more inclined shock means that it is less progressive. Additionally the shaft speed will vary less with suspension travel. This will feel as if you use a shockpiston with slightly smaller holes.

I am using the inner mount too to have more amount of negative suspension travel and it works very well for me --> increased steering.