R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Chaz955i
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
so that spool should be impossible to move by hand or just very hard to do it? Because on the manual is after tight it full, turn it back 1/8 of turn...?
Correct, the slipper spool should be really tough to turn, it really isn't designed to move except for hitting something where there is some give as compared to a traditional spool. I tigtened the bolt until the spring bottomed out and left it. It was easy to feel when the tension ramped up.

The rear diff I built to Associated's instructions. Seemed tight to me but just backing off the tension a hair resulted in slip. There seems to be a very fine range of adjustment vs. the diffs in the Corally Phi which I ran previouly. So far still running on the initial build and the diff is like butter. I run indoor carpet so I'm not dealing with the amount of debris the outdoor people have to deal with.

Also, I've had no issue with the stock t-nut. I just made sure the lock nut was all the way into the well before I tried to thread in the diff bolt.

Good luck. The TC6 is a great car.

Last edited by Chaz955i; 07-29-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: edited for clarity