R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Das 1/8th Mopar
Tech Regular

Lightbulb Right ON!

I would agree 100% with you Rick, but I don't know of any where you can get 2wd suspension car these days. There are 6 or so companies in Europe making pan cars as they're running strong over there. If we just wait long enough, maybe they'll build us some suspension cars too.
We racers have a bad habit of messing with a good thing, always moving forward( I thought the 1/10th 235 cars were neat, then the rules kept changing till it to was a full blown 4wd car, then it was gone)
My guess is that in Europe, it was the same. However some of them figured out how to get back to a more laid back (nothings more laid back then a pan car)program going and that's not bad. The tools they used are out there, getting our hands on them isn't out of the question. I do not intend to push for a ROAR class, but I know if we had a hand full of pan cars (new, old, or scratch built), we could have some fun here in Toledo! When was the last time you saw a scratch car race? Just the idea is fun!
You're also right, over time it will start changing till it too goes away! For now let's play!
For the record, I also agree, with a heat of pans cars racing each other, the CanAm body is the way to go.