R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Pro Insurance Play on Words
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Danny B
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juice1
Taken from the FAQ page on the RC Pro website:

Q: Does the RC Pro Series provide liability insurance coverage for all RC Pro members?

A: Yes, the cost of your membership includes liability insurance at all RC Pro sanctioned events

Kinda leading you into some false security. It should be relabeld as "Spectator Insurance" instead of "Liability Insurance".

When you signup to be an RCPro member you should be handed a copy of the insurance policy or at least a detailed explination of your rights and coverage under it. Not only to cover the racers backside but also RCPro.
How is the term "liability insurance" misleading?

I'm suprised that more if not all R/C tracks don't require that you sign a waiver upon registeration. I can't remember the last time I went to a stock car race or moto x race that you didn't sign a waiver(accepting the possiblity of inherient danger of participating or spectating at the event).

DB is a non-profit so I know they are required to carry insurance...

Brad S, you just took a trip to the ER from an accident at Dirtburners, who's paying for your stitches?

Again, not trying to take sides. Really hard when you don't know the whole story. Insurance companies are right up there with the top crooks in the world anyway...lol Right behind Lawyers and just ahead of cell phone companies.

I would like to see how this comes out, because people like myself that operate tracks can learn from it.