R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DNX408T 1/8 Truggy
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Lilja
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
I wish there was a button to remove peoples posts who make comments and don't know the FACTS.

*one* of the designers quit because he wasn't willing to work within the parameters of the company. He wanted to be free to work and design anything he wanted instead of having to stay within a budget to keep pricing reasonable. That's his prerogative, not a negative against Durango.

Also there is no contract for 13 years. I have the contract you are referencing which is for 10 years. You perhaps may think this is ridiculous or absurd but you know what, for Durango and myself it's a great deal that was mutually agreed upon. I would never have signed a 10 year deal with a company I didn't believe in. I am a loyal person and I hate having to change companies. I ran Durango and talked with Management for 3 months before making any deals. I liked what I saw. The companies vision, the people behind it, and their philosophies all made it easy for me to sign a 10 year deal.
The *13 Year* contract you are mistakingly quoting was JQ Mocking my deal by signing a driver to 13 years....Said driver is now back to running Kyosho after 1 month!!

You may think the Durango is full of all kinds of problems and I'm not here to say it is perfect. However it's a darn good car and with the people behind it will only get better and better. I'm proud to be a part of Team Durango and represent their products. If you want to bash, go ahead, but at least get your facts straight.
Seems like I managed to do what I was fearing and stepping on quiet a few toes here
I never said anything about why the designer quit more than that it was because of the companies management, which you kinda said yourself there. And if Im not mistaken there were only 2 designers at that time? Its unimportant though. Its also unimportant if it was 10 or 13 years, it said 13 years on neobuggy but the point was that its a freakishly long time to sign a contract on. ALOT can happen in 10 years of racing. Companies come and go, Durango is still a small company and still needs to sell their products to cover from all the productioncosts of all the new cars theyre making.

Fact also stands that its a difficult car to setup and its a difficult car to drive, because it has immense steering. It might not be for you, but it will be for the weekend racer, you know the people who will carry the company, cause theyre the ones thats going to buy the cars. And as I said earlier, shiny aluminiumparts WILL NOT make up for a frustrating car to own, not in the long run.

I didnt write this to be a troll and bash on other brands, I wrote this because my personal oppinion from what you hear about Durango on forums, places like Neobuggy and others, and from people running the Durango is that Durango seems to have a very odd way of running its business. Seeing as how its a new brand on the market, it needs to stand out as something better, which I really dont think it has. And I really dont think JQ has succeed in that either.
But only time will tell, and Im man enough to admit if I was wrong, and I honestly and truely hope that I am.