R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2002, 10:17 PM
Trikster
Tech Adept

Default In need of a good pinion/spur combo

Hello all! I just picked up a used Team TC3 that I plan on racing at Speedworld Raceway in Roseville, CA. I plan to race in the Stock class and am wondering what is a good pinion/spur combo for me to start with. The track is a relatively short and tight track with a straight about 40-50 feet with a 90 degree turn at the end. My guess is something around a 20 tooth pinion with a 72 tooth spur. The guy's running mod are using pinions in that range. I am using a Novak TC2 ESC and 2000 matched packs. We race the standard 5 minute heats. Any tips out there? Spring wise I am thinking of doing the golds up front and the silvers in back. Thinking about doing 50 wt. up front and 35 wt. out back. The track has a lot of turns so I am also thinking about having a sway bar. Probably in back because I will need a lot of steering. There are a grand total of 10 turns. Most are 90 degree, one sweeper and a few 180's. 90% of the racers use Sorex 36R's with medium inserts so I picked up a set of those. Depending on my fun factor, I will invest in a set of threaded shocks.

What do you think? The track is smooth asphalt with medium to high traction (it gets traction compound periodically).

Thank you for your help in advance.