R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GXR18 Kyosho DBX will NOT STart
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:19 PM
corim123
Tech Rookie

Exclamation GXR18 Kyosho DBX will NOT STart

Okay so I bought a DBX and all was good except the pullstart. Engine has compression, servos, work, no cracks in fuel line/tank etc. I converted it to roto to simplify startup as I have a HPI RTR3 Mustang that works fantastically on roto. This SOB will NOT start for anybody or anything. I've taken off the head and the piston rolls smoothly and the fuel flows fine. Carb is open the .3 mm that's suggested as well. The engine flooded just a minute ago so I know it's getting fuel. I've also checked my glow igniter as well as taken out the plug in this engine and verified the entire element lights. I have another plug, but it's a longer one than the one in the DBX and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work, right? Does anybody have any other ideas? The car doesn't appear to have been bashed around too much as it's got little scratches etc and everything works well except for it not starting... Any advice you can give a newbie would be great. It just seems weird that the engine is turning over great but not starting. I've even taken the engine off the car and the entire assembly spins freely like it should. Granted when in the car the flywheel(the gear at the very end of the shaft?) doesn't spin so it goes nowhere but the engine isn't fully ignited either. Seems strange that heat, compression and a volitle mixture does not result in a boom. Any advice would be highly appreciated as I'd love to get my offroad up and running. Can't really go bashing with my HPI... well for long at least lol.