R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS Vspec .21 Motor Vs Everything else for Truggy
Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manshoon
Whats a Brand new OS .21 Vspec worth with a New Jammin J2 Pipe combo.

New unused set ?
OS engines have been very good to me for several years now. The quality of their carb is surpassed by none. I would say somewhere in the 250-300 range for pipe and motor if it has seen no fuel. The vz line of engines does need a front bearing around the 2gal mark and I would defiantly put a speed rod in it due to the oil hole for the crank pin. That oil hole is missing on the blue head vz rod and causes unnecessary crankpin wear. Shop around for a OS XZ engine and the new bearings and rod are in there. As for other engines the P5 will give you excellent bottom and mid. If you are looking for a little more talk to mark at powerhouse. The powerhouse P5 that my buddy has been runnig for the past year is very impressive even compared to a much more expensive speed engine. The nova +4 is also a great mill but it will cost a little more. Nova engines also have decent carbs. IMO these other engines, not mentioned, run well bing their carbs do not hold up. Most will swap an os carb or nova carb to correct the problem.