R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya FF03
Thread: Tamiya FF03
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 AM
mr lee
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cation3
Just bought an FF03Pro (from SpeedTech....) but the rear axles have more slop than I could imagine! I also purchased a couple of upgrades with it, to include a Tamiya axle shim and spacer sets (aluminum hexs, oiutdrives and rein gear stuff).

I have read this entire thread and digested all I could, but I have apparently missed a few things:

First: what are people doing with the rear? I think I'll need ~2mm per axle to clean up the slop. Or:

Second: What replacement rear axles are recommended? 417 axles - is that what I saw recommended?

Thanks in advance,
-Drew
Yes you need to remember to install the part as mentioned above to reduce the inward and outward play!

However there is still quite a bit of play and I had to use a good few 5mm shims to reduce it further....I also have 5mm clamp wheel hubs. Only axle you can get as a hop up (if you want to be TC legal) is the M Chassis reinforced free wheel axle set, basically a machined part and thus harder than the kit included stamped out axle. You are still going to have the same play though as it is the same dimensions.