R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Buying a 2nd Buggy Which sould i get Serpent or Xray?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Lilja
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by teeforb
I have had the 2010 Xray, Durango, and now have the serpent. The xray was the best quality and fit by far, handling was ok. Not sure about the 2011. The Durango was nice to work on, and handled great, just too loose in the rear. I now own the serpent and it's been the best driving buggy and extremely durable. The weak point on the serpent is the tranny. Under heavy braking, you can hear the gears skip. But some proper shimming and adjustments fixes that!
Theres nothing wrong with the transmission on the Serpent. Like on all Serpent cars it takes knowledge to build them correctly and I wouldnt want it any other way. I really hope they dont change it to the traditional style.

XRAY are very easy to put together as the parts fit is unmatched in the business. Cant say anything about the handling as they arent very popular around here.

Durango is... well it looks great but thats about it. That and the JQ car is probably the last cars Id ever buy.