R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya FF03
Thread: Tamiya FF03
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 07:33 AM
rtypec
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr lee
Only TRF shocks, blue ali turnbuckles, blue ali servo horn and HT servo saver and blue ali ball links. All you really need is the TRF shocks...everything else is just bling or weight saving if you really need to save the weight (I needed to add lots of weight to mine but that depends on the rules you run!).

Standard kit is the best value for money as you just need to add the TRF's and then you can add the rest as you go along.

The Pro Kit is approximately $195-$210 with the standard kit approximately $180-$195 ish. TRF shocks alone are about $50. The rest is gravy.

Ali spur gear mount is not just a nice to have as it increases the spur to pinion precision. Plastic one has some slop! The amount of screws that attach the spur to the mount are irrelevant.
Have you tried four screws yet? I ran it for a couple of months BEFORE the aluminum mount was available. Stripped spur gear count = 0 Again, nice to have but for the price, might as well buy it.

No need to upgrade to ali steering and rocker arms.....just get the newely released carbon reinforced parts and add the 850 bearings and it will be just as good. Some shims will also help a little too
That'll work well.

Keep in mind, the person I was trying to help wasn't looking to spend much in upgrades at the moment.