R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 AM
hanulec
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Exotek EXP

hi all -

i just wanted to post some good feedback on the Exotek EXP chassis. i had tried the chassis a few weeks ago in modified tc, and have continued to test different modified setups with it. the chassis is SUPER light -- so watch out when making weight. it weights only 76g while EJ's chassis weights 87g (both are still lighter than the stiff lipo chassis). the chassis supports an alternate servo mounting position, but i didn't not use this position. due to running on a clockwise layout there was a fair amount of drag on the little nub for the servo mount.

the handling of the chassis was comparable to both the stiff lipo and EJ's chassis, but there was slightly more roll/flex. this roll/flex actually works to your advantage of lower grip surfaces, or can be stiffened with the use of a medium (or harder) top deck. my previously posted modified setup worked very well on this chassis once I ran all 8 screws in the soft top deck (i only had 4 screws within a second modified car running the stiff lipo chassis).

i'll hopefully be able to post up some pictures today of the chassis all mounted up.

mike