R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wanting to get back into RC with Losi 8B 2.0
Old 07-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Jeff K.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Wanting to get back into RC with Losi 8B 2.0

I've been itching to get back into RC, after having sold all my 1/10 electric stuff over 3 years ago. I figure Nitro will be cheaper in the long run, after costs of batteries, chargers, dischargers, balancers, etc.

Basically only info I have on nitro is from reading up online and in manuals of various kits to see tuning guides, so RTR will probably be a good place for me to start, and I'll get better engine and servos when they need upgrading.

I was stuck on the 810 for a while, since it was cheaper and I wasn't sure if I would actually stick to it and come out to race, but the more I thought about it, the extra $200 is really worth it for the 8ight 2.0 package. Between the buggy and truggy, which would you guys recommend for durability and driveability? I used to run the TC4, B4, and XX-4, so I'm leaning more towards the buggy, but I've been hearing that the truggy is more forgiving for driving.

What else would you guys recommend for getting the most out of the 8B RTR and what other tools are good to have?

Thanks in advance.