R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Chaz955i
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kobiwan
I know this is the TC6 thread, but I'm hoping to get some un-biased opinions if possible. I usually run Xray cars, but recently sold them thinking I was getting out of the hobby. I loved my T3 '11, but wanted to try something different to keep me intersted in the hobby and was considering trying a TC6. So my question Is the to anyone who has had an Xray T3 '11, or any of the other top touring cars (Tamiya, Photon, etc.) and now run a TC6, how does the TC6 compare as far as handling and quallity? The T3 being one of the top cars I definatley dont want to go to something that is a down grade. I know not every car is for everyone, and set-up and/or driving skill play a part too but just want some basic opinions on whether it is worth trying or to stick with what I was running. Thanks
Sold all your cars? The guys at the Gate were wondering where you have been. Seaball has been depressed for months.

I finally moved from the Phi to a TC6. Everything good so far and the car has proven really durable after being bounced around by me for the past three months, moreso than the Phi. I remember your T3 '11 with the gear diffs. Not sure the finish is quite as nice on the Associated but it isn't quite in the same price point either. As far as a race car I couldn't imagine anything out there being noticeably better out of the box. I think you mentioned having a Phi so while not a direct comparison to the x-ray perhaps a few logical steps might give you some insight. Good luck and hope to see you around. Halloween Classic and Indoor Champs are around the corner....