R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Down Fall Period Common?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 01:30 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pickle311
Slow down on the club racing and run more of the big races. Where I'm at, we don't have a 1/8 track anymore so I have to pick and choose when/where I go. That's the plus side.
That's a bit difficult for many where BigJay and I live...it is rather expensive to travel from Hawaii to the big races. Fortunately I have been able to do it a few times now and love going...but not everyone is fortunate enough to do so.

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Ive been doing racing RC for a few years religiously "Hard Core" practicing and buying a ton of crap wrenching every moment possible and tweaking things trying new things.

The last months Ive been really OUT not really interested in wrenching and running normal I would be out the door.

I just put together a new serpent truggy with the best equipment it just sits don't have the urge to racing or run.

The last two races I have been concentrating. Ive always been a A-main contender top of the list last two races Ive been in B-Main won the last didn't even wanna bump up.

My question do you guys go through these phases how do you get motivated again?
Oh yeah I know the feeling...after having been a race director as well as a racer I've been through a few burn out periods. During those times I just toned down my racing to just a little bit. For awhile all I ran was the F1 series that I directed. I also had to go through a bit of a attitude change...I'm not as good of a driver these days as I have been in the past...so I had to shift my attitude back from trying to be super competitive to just trying to do better than my last outing...competing against myself so to speak and concentrate more on the fun than on the frustration. Sure I still get frustrated that I'm not doing as good as I think I should...but I try to not let it bother me like it used to.