View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:07 PM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
In this post:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/8741718-post6492.html

Ritchie said his new Mi4CX came in at 1295 grams, with everything including the body clips.

My TC is just shy of 1450g.

WTF?

- Thick-weight body is good for ~30g, maybe up to 40g.
- Twin point steering adds about 7g.
- Aluminum pivot blocks add 15g.
- The Viper VTX10R is pretty heavy. I'm guessing around 15g heavier than a Tekin RS, since my car weighed in around 1420 with plastic blocks and the Tekin. I'm not sure what Ritchie was running, but it probably wasn't as light as the Tekin
- The TP 65c battery I have is pretty heavy, around 310g, while an older 5000mah would be more like 295g. Again, I don't know what he had in his car.

The CX spool is a few grams lighter, but the rear diff is actually a few grams heavier, so that's a draw. Side Note: the Spec-R diff with 80wt Losi oil weighs .1g less than a CX diff!

I can't imagine the CX diff holders and retaining posts shaved more than a couple grams. And as far as I know, the rest of the car is the same. Steel axles might even be heavier, I haven't weighed them yet.

I weighed my LP bulkheads and layshaft mounts at about 75g. How much lighter are the CX ones?

I just can't wrap my head around how his car was that light.

So to sum up, I can see losing the following:
15g pivot blocks
7g steering
30g body
15g (?) ESC
15g older/lighter battery
= 82 grams

That would put me at 1368... That's a full ~70g heavier. And if I didn't swap ESC and battery, I'd still be right around 1400, which is 20g over minimum.

-Mike
what about tires, what tires did i have, how many coats of paint on the body, did I have a full size or a short servo, was it a metal gear servo or plastic gear. did i use the schumacher screws or switch to the du bro brand which fit the chassis better. was my wing painted. which body was it, do they all weigh the same between models/brands

like i said on the other thread, get over the weight thing. what my car weighed when it was finished and what weight I actually race it is two entirely different animals.