R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:10 PM
MikaR
Tech Master

I just bought myself my friend's old spec GT2 gear, who isn't racing GT anymore. I was getting too fast for my friends on parking lots with my BMT so it wasn't fair running anymore, so I asked if he still has the car and he did so I decided to go for it.

It was pretty dirty and it took me all day (I'm on summer vacation) to fix and clean it. It came with spares (mostly used) so I was able to find parts that I used to replace even more worn out parts on the car.

It has nice Futaba servo's and Orion nimh pack, Werks B5 motor with Orion CRF 2066 pipe and a Kyosho starter box. A couple of bodies, the Audi was in the best shape. That's actually good because my friends have Audis, too, and we can setup a DMT race for fun.

For the option parts it has the IGW008 tranny most importantly, sway bars front and rear and acre brake pads. I added the SP brake disc from the parts I had. I also replaced the 2-shoe carbon clucth with 3-shoe aluminum I had laying around. Finally I put a large airfilter with a dust cover on the motor and changed a new Orion plug.

I will the change the conrod of the engine and perhaps get the front universals to replace the worn out wheel hubs/cups.

I will keep the BMT on the side, to run it occasionally on parking lots when I want to kick some.. and on the race tracks especially