R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 PM
COBRARACING
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
I really hope that most of the posts about rpm and loggers and how to work out rpms and such are not coming from anyone who designs and engineers any product I use - it would be concerning!!

You can do all these calculations, but they are useless for any meaningful comparison. In order for any of this to help you do anything meaningful, your data has to include corner exit speeds, drag, cell condition and throttle position. Without that, motor speed is irrelevant. We are not trying to get the most out of the motor, we are trying to get the most out of the car. If winning was about getting the most out of the motor, the best software would win. LAst time I looked, the best driver's won.

I regularly manage to pass other competitors on the straight with a slower car because my entry speed and line to the last corner are better than theirs, and I get a better terminal speed. Knowing the motor speed has nothing to do with that, having a better chassis has everything to do with it. And that's before we add in drag (for each extra mph required, you require double the power needed to get the last mph) and cell performance and throttle position and tyre condition and...

Get real guys. All these things are a compromise to each other in order that the car gets around the lap in the fastest possible time. If you don't understand how the triangle of ratio, boost and turbo work, start there. If ever Hobbywing decide to give you all this paraphernalia, can they please have an option to not have it, so I can get my stuff cheaper, and use it to pay for more practice time at the track to improve my driving?
Thank you for your post and i agree it takes more than just rpm of a motor it is setup of car ,tyres,track length,batteries and much much more I know irgo wants an rpm log within the esc but dont you think michael would have implemented it a long time ago if it was needed and worth the time .Rpm log is easy to design the software but there are other factors concerning michael like flash memory to store all this data the you get into multi level flash which is more expensive once again which sometimes is easily deleted from strong electric fields and heat do we really need this headache ?

Then it will be michaels fault for implementing the rpm log and temp log and so on and when the info all of sudden is lost then it's our fault and thats the reason why michael will not implemented it, the rpm log is easy to design but a headache to maintain.you get memory upsets and more .please someone correct me if im wrong i have studied alot of this but it has been a long time since ive opened a book .

When michael doesn't implement a feature in his software there must be a reason .