R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 04:45 PM
sliding_josh
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by cjtamu
Finally got time to work on this thing. With some searching found a little more info I what I have. It's the original Yok MR4TC drift package, what they call a "Type B". Apparently, this car doesn't work well as a CS car. They redesigned suspension and some other things for the current Type C car. There's a conversion, but for now this will stay a 50/50 car while I see how I like RC drifting. Car had been run twice in the street on foam tires. You can see the drift tires had never been run, never even mounted on the car until I did it last night.

Put in a Tekin R1 Pro that I've had laying around for while, motor is the Tekin Redline 537 (5T, 3700 Kv). Other than 1/18 scale cars I've never run sensorless, so it will be interesting. Wires will stay long for now, if I'm happy with it I'll rotate speedo 180 deg and hardwire. That will let me put the Rx on it's side b/w speedo and servo, but for now it's going on top of the servo.

Couple questions. Kit comes with a 30T pinion, which I think if probably a little overgeared for this motor (FDR 5.48 with that pinion). I'm thinking somewhere about 6.0 to 6.60 or so will be about right. I assume the gears are 64 pitch, anyone know for sure?

Typical Yokomo, parts are scarce here. I used to race the MR4TC and GT-4 and had to carry a LHS with me. Seems to be even worse now LOL. I need the short servo mount (passenger side) and the antenna tube mount. Anyone have spares laying around? I can order, but it's going to take me a bit to receive. If anyone is willing to part with those please let me know.

Man when CS drifting started this is what they used Ive had like 4 of these and they make CS gears for them! Every one I had was CS, And now my son has a type c thats CSed, as well as my World edition Yoke, The pics of the two Nissans I posted are yokes, and there is aton of stuff on the market for the type B!