R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 04:56 PM
MeBeMikey
Tech Adept

Well, initial results I must say are fantastic! First practice, with fan and LRP Fat Cobra 65c lipo, I ran 3371 and I was well up on the pace. Then I switched to 3391 with, again very good results but as we all know, more speed is not always best. That was after talking to Mikkel. So back I went to 3371 and changed to 80% on brakes.

While pondering about my first race I decided to remove the fan. I went to balance my car and with the heavy LRP lipo I would have to of added quite a bit of weight to balance it. In goes the MooreSpeed 5000 50c Lipo. It's much lighter and made my car very well balanced using balance pegs and then placing it on 4 individual scales.

Race one, Mikkel got me. Very close, we both did 24. I did it in 311. Mikkel 1st me 2nd. Fastest lap for me was 12.2. Punch amazing for 5.0 and wickedly smooth! No probs keeping up with Tekins at all! Mikkel qualified 4th overall including the 10.5's and Mod in the race above us. Me 5th by .02! I'd say that was a very good race for LRP. And for your information, drivers at ardent this eve were very good. I was hoping Andy Moore was going to race but it seemed he just glued up some tyres and did some tooling on his car.

Race 2. Kept settings the same. Did 24/306 and came in second. Fastest lap dropped to 12.08 which is very fast for the track and up with the 10.5 guys if not faster than a most of them.

Where do I go from here? I'm going to try 3351 to see how that feels. Temps were coming off at 90 near the front of the motor and high 50's on the endbell.

I am beyond happy with this ESC. LRP has totally won me back. Look forward to testing more and showing more people what LRP has created.