R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Retired motocrossers who race off road rc?
Old 06-17-2011, 07:05 AM
SDelaney
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smittyusmc
Larry Ward does race he lives in SC I see him from time to time he race a lot with Travis Dupree sorry if it is miss spelled.
Wow... Now that's a name from my child hood, Larry "Big Bird" Ward...

I grew up racing motocross from about 9 to 20 years of age. I got to race with some of the big guys from my time, the GOAT RC, Tim Ferry, Jeff Emig, Tony Haines (most dont know this kid b/c he got paralzied one day practicing, but man this kid and Carmichael were sick fast... Ricky took him to all his races with him when he went pro b/c they were such good friends.) and a few others that went pro. Me... Never got that good, I held back to much and wasn't willing to push it enough to go that fast.

I am 35 now and just got into RC late last year and LOVE it... It's like motocross all over again but I don't have to worry about the injuries. As you have stated injuries are just a fact of motocross. I broke ankles, fingers, etc. The worst though was a day in the hospital not being able to feel my legs. That was an eye opener that scared the crap out of me... I also think that was why I never pushed it after that night... Kinda hard to forget that feeling and just go full throttle again.

Anyhow, I love me some RC... Now bring on that triple