R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Isee ..... thanks. Good info' to have. May get the High Traction one to compare to the "screw out" stock item.
Also, was meaning to ask before. The Tamiya 'Red' spring some are using. Is that the 10Lb one? I seen a few 'Red' springs and wasn't sure. There was a 6Lb one too??
Which do you use.
Also. 20wt shock in 3 hole pistons is VERY light. I've never used such thin oil. Has anyone tried more holes and slightly thicker oil? Was thinking of 4 hole and 3 wt??
Using such thin oil wouldn't you get some "seapage" around the shock piston?

Lots of questions I know, but I've never had a Tamiya car, never an F1 or pan car and ran Nitro TC for over 15 years ... lol

You could say I'm comming out of my comfort zone ! hahaha

BM
Not sure on the red spring...I use either the Short Black spring set (#42168) red or a Fluorescent Mini Car(#53333??) red spring, both are short and very soft. The "red" spring that comes with the pro cars is a touring car spring from the white hard set I think. Either way it's really a bit too long and a bit stiff.

The spring that a lot of people also like is off one of the older mini cars, it's silver and has a ton of coils, pretty soft.

I run the shock pretty thin on asphalt.