R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent vs Kyosho
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Lilja
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jammin57
All the cars available today are all basically the same the only REAL difference is how the servos, center diff, and brakes are mounted and all the new cars such as the durango and serpent cars that have odd ways of mounted throttle servos and the way the brakes are mounted is just more of a chance of something going wrong so I don't see how that is a advantage over the kyosho car
the Serpent is completely different to the Kyosho.
The entire radioplate is different from any other car.
The diffhouses and the gears and pinions have a different style not seen on any other car that I know of
The brakesystem is also completely different. Im not saying this one is better though, it is easier to setup and more consistent but at the same time the adjustability is lower.
The swaybar mountings are completely different with bearings.
The steering assemble is completely different.

I could probably go on. Yes all cars have 3 diffs and theyre basicly at the same place. The engine and fueltank is basicly in the same place on all cars but thats pretty much it.
Both the Durango and the Serpent are more complicated technicaly than the more oldschool kind of design like the Kyosho and Team Associated. Not saying its better just saying it is