R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Mr_Gleeman
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Also, I've never found "Mini" racing boring cause we were running the same chassis from the same manufacturer. What the appeal of Mini racing is that it's affordable and very competitive and the "fast" guys could really set up their chassis and could really drive.

Now, for those of you "bored" with Mini racing as it's structured in Australia, you guys are the envy of many parts of the world. I wouldn't change much and certainly wouldn't make a radical change that could conceivably upset what you've got going.
Hi Granpa, I regularly troll through this and our Aussie forum and obviously haven’t made any comments here before either and didn’t want to give you or anyone else the wrong impression of us Aussie racers.

My initial question about introducing the Gambado/Grid to our mini racing I must admit was a rather loaded question to see what sort of reaction or view I might get in response

Now it looks like you've taken the bait hook line and sinker!! In all honesty introducing this car would be like opening up a can of worms and frankly like TG said it would never happen for many reasons.

As far as being "bored" well I and I'm sure many others here down under would tell you that mini racing is far from boring and my original remark referred to 1:1 V8 racing and not 1:10 scale mini's.
I personally have three MO5's (as well as several MO3's) that my son and I race including the third back up car so trust me, there is nothing boring about them. I'm always tweaking and wrenching these suckers looking to improve the handling at whichever track we visit. The only thing that is truly lacking is my driving skills but then again give it some time and you never know.

John