R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:57 PM
M3Armand
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeXray
because alum bends and can break other parts connected to it, like a pricey bellcrank. Xray blocks are stronger, but will still act like a fuse. Every car has at least one weak link point, no reason no to cross use parts that fit and either improve performance or reliability.
I'm not buying that an Al steering knuckle bends. But maybe you have experience with this. The Al that is used for these parts are VERY stiff; stiffer than steel, in fact. Xray blocks maybe "stronger", but you can believe that the forces are still being transmitted to other parts of the suspension. I think the word that you are looking for is more "pliable"...i.e. - it bends. This is also why my old RS4Pro hasn't broken anything since the knuckles are some sort of plastic. The HB stock knuckles are super brittle (I was wondering why until I realized it was made from graphite...duh!). So there is not much "bend" to them.

Originally Posted by olhipster1
but seriously I went thru at least 10 steering knuckles and 8 Chubs before changing the parts. Now I haven't broken one part in the past 3 months. not fun when I wait all week to race then not finish one qual.
I hear you on this one... I can't begin to tell you how many knuckles/hubs I've broken... But the Al has worked great.