R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
YoDog
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Tonight I got as far as installing diffs and shock towers. Missing two more screws, and if that wasn't bad enough, I checked the tweak after installing the topdeck and tightning the screws on a flat surface, the front of the chassis has a millimeter and a half bow in the front. Looks like I will be calling associated again tomorrow. Very dissapointing build to this point.
I found that if you open all of the parts bags and sort out all the screws, you will most likely have all the needed screws. (the way they are categorized can be a little confusing) I actually moved some of the screws to different parts of the build to suit my preference. for example, I wanted to use the 5mm flat heads everywhere on the bottom of the chassis as I could since they fit more flush. Tightening the motor mount correctly is critical to getting the chassis flat. Another thing is to use riser blocks to set the tweak instead of putting the chassis on a flat surface. (screws) Keep in mind that it's only a 2mm thick chassis plate and is sensitive to how everything is tightened.