R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Future of RC Racing (Your Opinions)
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 AM
dkrall
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
Well that's why there's opinions...everyone has one and I wont insult yours.

Yes there are many many talented SCT drivers, but they're usually also driving an 1/8 scale buggy/truggy as well. I have a teammate that drives a Pro 4 Losi along with 2 1/8th buggies. He's great with all 3.

Perhaps my prejudice is just an issue with me, I'll admit it. When I first saw SCTs last year at a local track I immediately thought "what's the appeal of these floppy trucks?"

I guess I'll just have to accept that SCTs aren't going anywhere anytime soon and stick to what I prefer. Yes, they are a cheap start for kids, I don't disagree there but I wish the quality would improve. Everytime I see an SCT races, someone's posting a DNF due to a failure. Bad luck? Timing? Who knows...but I'm only about 5 races into my rookie year with my EBuggy and have yet to have a major break and considering my lack of experience, it should probably be in pieces right now.

*shrug*
I guess I'm for SCT because, in short, the one dirt track I went to, the "more serious" electric classes were filled with guys who weren't very tolerant of bad drivers. I found that one out the hard way. I wasn't a "bad" driver at the time, but I had never raced on clay and found it was quite different. That was an... experience, I guess you could say..

That being said, no one wants to get into a hobby where lots of money is involved, just to be yelled at by guys taking it too seriously and ruining the fun for everyone else. I think we all know it happens, too. That's why we play with these toy cars anyway. Fun.