R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX5T and Losi 427 Spin Start combo?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
IROC-AR15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
unfortunately I wouldn't know.... I don't intend to sound bad here, but you couldn't pay me enough to want to run a pul/roto engine in a Truggy...so that is a mod I wouldn't even consider........ I absolutely hate the inconvenience and unreliability of OWB equipped engines....... the link you posted looks like it would work tho, so just follow what that guy did and cut away the engine mount............ Be aware your likely going to see that Mach have huge issues with the RPM its going to hit in the truggy, the OWB inside does not handle the high RPM's well and will start digging into the backside of the conrod...OWB do fine in low RPM MT's, but they cause all sorts of issues being spun high in the truggies, that is one of the reasons you seldom see any OWB's in buggies and truggies.....I am not trying to tell you not to do it, as I already know your mind is made up, but after a couple of gallons and your rod snaps your going to see exactly why I am recommending against it....However the link you posted is exactly how your going to have to do things.....good luck and keep us updated !
Thank You and will Do!