R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 06-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Bishop
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow the fit of the Yoko diff is so borderline, the BD5 has thicker spacing out on the gears off the spur, meaning the diff pulley sits further out, big problem with that is in multiple areas, you 'have' to shim the yoko diff off it's true center (right now I'm like .9mm one side and .4mm on the other), and even then the diff is nearly touching the chassis on one side, with the right side diff blade coming close to binding up, also the belt alignment is not ideal, or marginal.

Diff is a little tight right now (still got the original TOP .3mm shims in the bearing carriers), so I'll try dropping to .8mm and .3mm, I'm a little worried about the belt being hard against the guides, but I know there is a .2mm shim on the spur layshaft I can adjust on the left side, so less belt side rub if I tweak that.

Couple of notes, I'm on a foam tyre setup, with 3deg camber or so on the rear, which is partly why the diff blades are so close to binding, but also I know the Yoko runs 44mm rear shafts, .5mm shorter than the TOP, makes me wish I had bought some Yoko rear shafts, maybe worth a try by someone at some point.

Last edited by Bishop; 06-08-2011 at 09:25 AM.