R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:49 PM
jrz93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
Hi Clay,

You're right on about how free the tranny is on the LOSI. It really is super smooth. It helps in pretty much every aspect of driving. Acceleration, top end, corner speed, braking and run time. The difference was very apparent to me when I swtched from my original GT8 car. Faster and runs longer. The Carbon fiber chassis is from Robert of Matrix Concepts, the shock towers are from Losi. They indeed help reduce the weight of these monsters, but surely aren't a requirement to be fast. Tony is ballistic as well as my cousin Eric with his conversion. I believe Tony runs a tekno rc conversion and my cuz has my exact setup w/o the C/F. Both are REALLY fast guys!

FYI - SNR, Steve D and Omar all run Castle 1/10scale ESC's to power their 2650kv buggy/truggy sized motors. It works well for them.

The Ten T Buggy would make an awesome conversion as well. Aside from the other things you mentioned, you might even be able to run a 3s pack vs 4s, reducing the weight/cost even more.

I saw a posting on REDRC of a conversion for the Traxxas 4X4 Slash made by STRC. It looks great!!! It uses the smaller ESC and 550sized motor as you mentioned and looking at the pics, it also has a 3s battery. I bet it's also the most cost effective way to get into GT8. Tires would probably last even longer as well. I believe Raman saw it in action at West Coast and he said it was good to go. I bet this would be even lighter than the Ten T. HMMMMMMMM, I have a Slash 4X4 PE sitting on the shelf.

Hope to see you in Corona!

Jai
i am a big losi guy as u can see in my sig the only issue is the tenT/scte/810 has an issue with parts availability at the present time although i can tell u my scte can withhold the strength of an 300+ lbs guy jumping on it as a marshall did this at my local indoor track critters...so it is lighter but also strong as hell
btw u ever see rcMonster mike's conversions>>>drove my friends as it still has a 2-speed...will waste the gas cars in speed!!!
http://rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcmigtkit