R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - motor suggestions for a mugen mbx5t??
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
IROC-AR15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Hi guys.

So I'm about to buy me a used mugen mbx5t for 200$$ as a roller. It comes with two extra bodies and a toat full of rims tires and parts. It doesn't come with the rx receiver or servos but thank god I have my xxl .

I would like to know what you guys think is a good motor for the truggy? Our track is a medium track in size kinda tacky with a lot of turns. I want a deasent motor that I can run 30% in it to be competive and have no idea what size or make. One of my buddies said something like a werks b5 but I don't know if that will be enough power for that truggy?

I was going to buy a novarossi .28 7tt but I'm not sure.. I know you guys are the pros and will know the best motor for the bang. I'm wanting to spend 300 no more than 350 for a good motor. I also would like it to be easy tuned as well.

Thanks to all who help and respond

I was looking to find out the same info....My choices were though for my Prospec a LRP .28 Z Spec, a Picco .28 Truggy Engine, or an Axial .28RR or S Spec....As of right now I'm running a Losi 427 combo!