R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Adam Jacobs
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Tires

Roy,

I had the same problem with the rear of my car (416X) getting out of shape mid race.

From the stand the car was on rails for the first 6 or 7 laps then the rear grip went away. I was told by a couple of mod guys that the tires were working to hard in the corners and heating up and going off.

I couldn't hear that from the stand and I didn't want to make changes as the car was so good for the most part but in the end I had to flow the car more which required making the car softer all round and create less understeer.

This resulted in the tires not working as hard and not going off . I also lowered the roll centres.

Hope this helps.

AJ

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Every body had to drive the same tires,tried a new set on the rear,setup was from one of the local guys with same car and driving style is i like a neutral or a bit understeerd car and it was very neutral for the first 2 qualies.
After that something changed that caused the sliding of the rear end of the car.
Track temp was almost the same the whole day
If i only could figure out what it was.
Funny thing was that on the very fast outside turn i had no problems at all.
It was only on the infield(tight turns) that i had problems
Took car apart last night to check again but nothing strange found.
Suspension is moving freely,no bend suspension pins,no cracks in chassis or topdeck,no loose parts,diff wasn't leaking,shocks ok.
I am without a clue to what has happend

regards Roy