R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:35 PM
sidecarphil1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
I ran the GT2.1EX speedo last night for the very first time. it was in a 1/12th car on a medium sized flowing layout carpet track with good grip. motor was a novak velociti 4.5L. Roll out was 51.45mm. Car was missile fast. Great rip off the corners and plenty of top end speed too. Very linear and yet agressive feel to the throttle response. Only about .4 sec per lap of drop off from the front of the run to the end of it. Fast laps were in the 8.6 second range. Ending laps were mostly in the 9.0 range. I was thrilled with the speed and performance of the car. But I'm worried about the temperature that I was seeing on the speedo. Coming off the track, the motor was a nice comfy 132 degrees. But the speedo was way up there at 220 degrees. It didn't thermal or shut down. But that high of a speedo temp does seem excessive. Any thoughts as to why? or tips on how to get the speedo temp down without giving away any of the great power? Here's the readings from the LCD program card.....
V1.06_100617
forward & brake only
20% drag brake
voltage protection - none
DRRS punch - level 7
brake force - 50%
rev. force - 25%
initial brake - drag brake
neutral range - 6%
AMTS timing - #1
Overheat prot - enable
SC Boost level - stage 2
SC RPM delay - 7000
SS Full Throttle Delay - 0.2 sec
SC punch : -1
considering these settings, why was my speedo coming off the track at 220 degrees and yet the motor temp was good? how hot is too hot for the speedo? what can I change to bring the speedo temp down? any help will be greatly appreciated. I love the speed and the feel of this speedo, and the motor seemed to like it too. But I'm worried about so much speedo temperature. Help please.
what is your roll out ??

this is normally why a speedo gets hot , if your gearing is wrong